There’s no place quite like the Tampa Bay Area. This exciting region in Florida’s Gulf Coast is filled with amazing locations that are perfect for long vacations or quick getaways. If you’re looking to take a breather from the hustle and bustle of daily life, here are four Tampa Bay destinations to consider.
- St. Petersburg
Aptly called “The Sunshine City” due to its world-record 768 days of sunshine, St. Petersburg is one of the best places in the Tampa Bay Area for a holiday. Among the city’s top vacation spots here are:
- Fort De Soto Park & Beach – This 1,136-acre county park boasts white sand beaches and numerous water activities
- Mangrove Bay & Cypress Links Golf Course – This par-3, 9-hole golf course offers hours of fun and challenge for golfers of all skill levels.
- Salvador Dali Museum – Check out of the 2,100-piece collection, ranging from original drawings to sculptures that celebrate the life and art of the famed Spanish surrealist.
- South Tampa
Encompassing the southernmost portion of Tampa, South Tampa offers numerous ways for a fun-filled getaway.
- Ballast Point Park – If you’re looking for a place to simply chill the day away, Ballast Point Park is your top spot. Its 600 foot pier along Hillsborough Bay is a great spot for sunrise and sunset watching, and as the take-off point for a boat ride. The park is home to The Taste of Boston restaurant that offers excellent food and drinks, as well as fishing bait.
- Picnic Island Park – The relative isolation of this hidden gem makes it the perfect spot to unwind and enjoy a day of relative quiet and solitude.
- Bayshore Boulevard – Take a scenic run along the 4.5-mile sidewalk. You’ll be treated to views of Hillsborough Bay on one side and the city on the other.
If you’re looking for a nature-filled vacation, you’re in for a treat in this neighborhood. Some of the places to enjoy include:
Old McMicky’s Farm – Learn about various farm animals and the agricultural life in general in this interactive farm
Lake Rogers Park – This 272-acre park offers plenty of outdoor activities, such as camping, hiking, walking, and picnicking.
The Eagles Golf Club – Complete your vacation with a round or two of golf at this club’s two championship golf courses.
The best place to go for sun, sand, and beach, this city provides the quintessential Florida vacation. Explore its stunning attractions that include:
- Clearwater Beach – The city’s most famous beach offers numerous opportunities for swimming and other water activities
- Sand Key Park – Along with a pristine, white-sand beach, Sand Key Park also houses a playground, a dog park, and beach cabanas, making it the perfect spot to bring friends, family, and pets.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium – Learn about different sea turtles and other marine animals in this well-known aquarium.
The Tampa Bay Area has plenty to offer in terms of vacation spots and outdoor adventures. If you want to learn more about your real estate options here, feel free to browse this website. You can also contact Poppleton Properties at (813) 833-2520 or brittany(at)townchase(dotted)com.